May 20, 2010

Gorgeous Winter blooms - Cymbidium orchid buttonholes & corsages

These delicious Winter blooms are one of my favorites of all time! 
Cymbidium orchids could well be the reason I chose to begin a career in Floristry..
So I have a lot to Thank them for!  Thank you, Thank you dear Cymbids!!

Available predominately between May - September in Australia..
So watch me take advantage of this Winter season to the fullest!!
No I don't like the Winter weather, but if Mother nature will only produce these
flowers at this time then I have decided to stop winging about the freezing cold temperatures
at the moment and instead use it to my advantage!!!

These Cymbidium orchids come in a great range of colours the most popular being an 





- Off White with with a Burgundy throat
- Mauve/ burgundy
- Lime green/ mauve

I simply adore using Cymbidium orchids for Buttonholes not only do they last well but they have such a gorgeous detail
that work perfectly for buttonholes & corsages!


-Buttonhole with Cymbidium orchids, Leucedendron on Magnolia leaf


  -Corsage with cymbidium orchids, Red Vanda orchids, Magnolia leaves, organza ribbon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment