May 27, 2011

All Tangled in love with Rapunzel....


I really hope you enjoy these beautiful images.. of our Inspiration Shoot based on 
the Amazing story of Rapunzel in the Disney Movie "TANGLED"
This story which I used to read to my daughter as a baby is my all time favourite
and I fell in love with the fairytale many many years ago!
This one has been in the works for me for over 6 months now... so I am just so
thrilled to see it all come to fruition... :)
 
rapunzel flowers in her hair



Rapunzel in the tower



flower girl handbag
 Captured beautifully by Clarissa Lum!

flower girl flowers

 Our Gorgeous Little Rapunzel (Alicia)
flower girl walking down the aisle

Alicia Potts

 Floral design & Styling by Chanele Rose flowers
Candy table

Vintage styling

I too am always trying to find ways to inspire my clients to think out of the box when planning
their weddings, I love the idea of creating a gorgeous theme and setting for a Wedding and
thought we could tie some of the beautiful romantic scenes from this Amazing Movie into this shoot..
I was so excited when Clarissa Lum this amazing photographer emailed to put this together!

I began themeing this shoot around our little model Alicia who plays the roll of
Rapunzel as a child trapped in a tower.. playing with her dolls and of-course we had to use lots of
Pretty flowers in her hair..    


I always get asked for other options for flower girl flowers, I think it has always been a 
little restricted In the past with either a little petals basket or a posy  which were the only options but these days you cannot even throw petals in most outdoor venues and of-course it is a 
big 'no no' in most church’s.

A few years ago I came up with the idea of a little Wand which I would attach flowers to- 
this became a big hit with most flower girls as it is something they will have fun with 
on the Wedding day and also later can keep as a memory of the day.

I wanted to create something a little different and for this shoot I came up with the
Big Heart floral shaped which I loved the effect in the photos it was just gorgeous and 
who better to make a grand entrance of the floral heart but little Rupunzel !!  
Isn’t she Adorable- Alicia is actually my close friend Mary’s daughter..   
Was so lucky to have her play this role for us She is a little star!   

I also created some cute little hand bags as another flower girl option made from 
cute little hessian bags.. Another gorgeous Idea for a flower girl I am thinking!

I wanted to create a scene of Rapunzel in the tower- which I used a pretty mosquito net and 
attached pretty doilies to and strings of pearls for added elegance!  
Little Rapunzel trapped in the tower and then becoming the beautiful April Healey- 
our Lady Rapunzel.. This is how the story begins where Flynn Ryder appears and 
sweeps her off her feet..

Of course Flynn (Micheal Mc Faul) did not know what her got himself into there- 
This is when he get banged over the head With the Frying pan!!


Add caption
Floral design by Chanele Rose flowers

romantic moment



Candy Buffet by Chanele Rose Flowers & styling


But that must have knocked some sense into him!!

Because they shared their first kiss over the Candy table-
Yes Sweet Candy always calls for sweet love...  does it not??    
There was a lot of detail to the Candy table which I absolutely love!






























I am currently obsessed with Pin wheels, hessian lace & pearls Vintage 
furniture and the re upholstered chairs (this was my first attempt re upholstery)

re upholsted chair

vintage styling sydney





Candy Buffet styling Sydney

Candy Buffet Sydney by Chanele rose flowers & styling








lolly table Sydney


Chanele rose flowers




Hair by Melissa Cauchi & Make up by Megan 

I was very pleased with the final result...   
Isn’t it amazing what you can create with a little imagination.
It really leads me to really believe that someones’ trash can be another person’s treasure!  
Most people would not have looked twice at these chairs – 
they were old and had definitely seen better days... 
just a little cleaning paint and fabric brought them to life again!!

For me the absolute highlight for this was the boat scene and the other 
beautiful water images held at the Tumbling waters retreat which I will 
blog about later on!!

& sorry for the photo overload, it was just tooo gorgeous had to share the full story!
Hope you Enjoyed our Beautiful shoot
Creative people behind the scenes were:

Photography by Clarissa Lum:
Clarzzique Photography

&
Peepo Photography 
www.peepophotography.com.au

 Styling & Floral design by
Lina Bteddini from Chanele Rose flowers & Styling:

Gowns & Suits by Penrith Bridal Centre:

Venue: Tumbling Waters Retreat- Stanwell Tops

Hair Extensions provided by:

Make up by Megan:

Hair by Melissa Cauchi

Shoes by: Crystal Couture


Credits for our models:
  
Rapunzel: April Healey  http://www.modelmayhem.com/1929434   
Male Model: Michael McFaul -   
Little Rapunzel: Alicia contact Mary Potts : 0419 489031


No comments:

Post a Comment